Thursday, January 25, 2007

perfect insect boxes

Here is my little tip of the day -- I am always looking for good boxes to keep my ants in and for shipping. I have found that the shipping boxes that Proactiv Solution skin care products come in are perfect. They are about 11 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 2 inches with a flap top. The largest Cornell unit tray will fit snugly in there (or several smaller ones, as in the photo below). It is perfect for organizing small ongoing projects in the lab or transporting them when traveling to museums. For shipping they might be perfect, but I always put the box into a bigger box with lots of padding just in case. Anyway, they are so perfect, I thought I would share. I recently bought a lot of 22 boxes from ebay for about a dollar a box. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment